This past weekend we had a great time running in the Halloween Hustle at Perkins High School. The 5k was part of my 50 miles before the end of the year. Given it was a Halloween race my two sons and I wore costumes for the event. I didn't see a costume more fitting for myself than the guy who ran from coast to coast over and over again. And if you see the picture above, you might guess who that might be. The Werling brothers were the Mario Brothers for a day.
Also included in the photos above are several parts of the 5k course for this Sunday's FIT Fright Challenge at the Norwalk Reservoir. The weather looks good for a run and it should be a great time. This is the second FIT Challenge 5k this year and we are looking to make both annual events with our FIT Challenge.
A couple of things if you are planning on running/walking this Sunday's event:
• An address you can use to find the reservoir entrance is 321 Old State Road, Norwalk. Look for the sign pictured above for Veterans Memorial Park.
• Wear a costume. We have an award for the best adult costume and best kids costume.
• Watch your step. The reservoir course is mainly a trail run. The same course is used for high school meets, fun but challenging. (View the course in a photo above)
• Have fun. The FIT Challenge race series is for runners/walkers of all types. It could be the best area race for people to get their start for their first 5k.
• Download a registration form below and we'll see you there.
Saturday, October 26: Cops & Robbers Road Chase 5k, Port Clinton
Sunday, October 27: FIT Fright Challenge, Norwalk Reservoir (Download the registration form below)
Sunday, November 10: The Police Chase Half-Marathon, Kelleys Island
Thursday, November 28: Turkey Trot 5k, Perkins Township
Thursday, November 28: 2nd Annual Judi Lively Turkey Dash and Mashed Potato Mile, Huron
Saturday, December 7: A Christmas Story 5k/10k, Cleveland
Sunday, December 15: Santa Hustle 5k and Half-Marathon, Sandusky