This recipe is great for a lazy Sunday. I'll be serving this with a grilled "cheese" sandwich, which consists of a vegan friendly bread, Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread and Tofutti brand American Cheese slices.
For the soup you will need:
- 2 Bell Peppers, Chopped (I used green but you can use whatever color you like)
- 1 medium sized Onion, Chopped
- 1 28 oz. Can of Crushed Tomatoes (I used Muir Glen Fire roasted)
- 1 32 oz. Container of Vegetable Broth
- 1 12 oz. Package of Light Life brand Smart Ground Original Veggie Protein Crumbles
- 1/2 Cup Non-Instant Brown Rice (I used Lundberg brand Organic Brown Basmati Rice)
- Salt, pepper and your favorite spices to taste
- Garnish with cheese if desired such as Daiya Shredded Cheddar
Dump the broth, canned tomatoes, onion, peppers, meat crumbles, rice, salt, pepper and spices into crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
Serve hot and garnish with shredded cheese if you like!
Makes 4 Large Servings and depending on what ingredients you use. t
The approximate nutritional value per serving is (minus cheese garnish):
1 gram of Fat
1300 mg of Sodium (ouchie use a lower sodium broth if you are able!)
49 grams Carbohydrates
10 grams Fiber
16 grams Sugar
16 grams Protein